yahoo.sports.com: Cincinnati running back Michael Warren II scores a touchdown against UCLA during the second half Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, in Cincinnati. (Albert Cesare / AP)
On the NCAA Football podcast with Michelle:
#1 Cincinnati’s Michael Warren II ran for a touchdown and caught quarterback Desmond Ridder’s pass for touchdown as the Bearcats defeated the UCLA Bruins 24-14.
#2 Clemson’s Travis Etienne carried for 205 yards and scored three touchdowns, including a 90-yard touchdown as the Tigers beat the Georgia Tech Bulldogs 52-14.
#3 What happened to Florida A&M? They got shutout on Thursday night Central Florida 62-0. It was like a walk-on came and did some serious damage. Transfer quarterback from Notre Dame Brandon Wimbush threw for 168 yards and two touchdowns and backup freshman quarterback Dillion Gabriel threw for three more touchdowns in a game that needed the mercy rule.
Michelle’s final thoughts
Join Michelle for the NCAA Football podcast each Sunday at http://www.sportsradioservice.com
Photo credit: @CalAthletics
That’s Amaury’s News and Commentary podcast with Barbara Mason:
#1 March Madness is in full tilt: Bears vs. Bears and the Cal women (20-13) lost a tough one at Baylor (33-1) 102-63. It was Cal’s hopes to get this one at Baylor it was too much Baylor who ran off 39 points on Cal. The Lady Bears have had an awesome year.
#2 Duke’s Zion Williamson got a crucial basket on Sunday to help beat Central Florida 77-76 by just that much.
#3 Talk about the Stanford Cardinal women (30-4) and visiting BYU (29-5). This has been another unforgettable season for both teams, who shared identical records before Monday night’s game. Stanford who had the home floor advantage made it pay off with a 72-63 win to advance.
#4 Turning to baseball, the Oakland A’s and San Francisco Giants concluded their Bay Bridge series to conclude the exhibition season. The A’s will continue their regular season on Thursday afternoon at the Coliseum.
#5 The Giants open their regular season against Manny Machado and the San Diego Padres on Thursday at Petco Park.
Barbara Mason is a freelance sports writer for Area Grande and is filling in for Amaury Pi Gonzalez at http://www.sportsradioservice.com
photo from al.com: Alabama defensive lineman LaBryan Ray (89) exits the field after the Iron Bowl Nov. 24, 2018
NCAAFB podcast with Daniel Dullum:
1) Poll and playoff update, coaching rumors Helton stays with USC Trojans contrary to the firing rumors, Texas Tech fires Kingsbury, Illinois Lovie Smith was extended for next season.
2) No. 1 – Alabama steamrolls Auburn to complete undefeated regular season
3) No. 9 – Central Florida remains unbeaten, loses quarterback McKenzie Milton to possible knee injury
4) No. 2 – Clemson is 12-0 after lopsided win over South Carolina State; Florida State’s bowl streak ends at 36 after loss to No. 11 Florida
5) Arizona State comes back for wild win over U of Arizona in Tucson, Sun Devils improve to 7-5; Minnesota reclaims Axe Trophy in win over Wisconsin 37-15; Stanford win over UCLA
Daniel Dullum is filling in for Michelle Richardson for the NCAAFB podcasts this week at http://www.sportsradioservice.com