photo from yahoosports.com: The Texas Tech Red Raiders Jarrett Culver (23) celebrates during the second half of Saturday’s Final Four against Michigan State Spartans in a ten-point 63-53 win to advance to the National Championship on Monday night.
On the NCAA National Championship Game podcast with Michelle Richardson:
#1 It’s the Texas Tech Red Raiders and the Virginia Cavaliers for the NCAA National Championship to wind down the NCAA season. Michelle sets this one up
#2 The Red Raiders got a hefty ten-point win over the Michigan State Spartans 61-51 and Matt Mooney led Texas Tech with 22 points for the win.
#3 Virginia just gets by the Auburn Tigers 63-62. How badly did the official miss Virginia’s double dribble and if they caught it would that have put the Tigers in the cat bird seat?
Michelle’s Final Four thoughts
Michelle Richardson did commentary on the NCAA for the 2018-19 season for http://www.sportsradioservice.com
Photo credit: @SInow
Barbara Mason is filling in for Amaury Pi Gonzalez:
#1 The Final Four is amongst us and taking a look at each game this coming Sunday. Taking a look at Auburn-Virginia, Auburn has been the surprise — do you see this game being a real contest?
#2 Texas Tech-Michigan State is the next game on Sunday. The Red Raiders gave it their all when they beat Gonzaga last Sunday and the Spartans are one the winningest and high-ranking teams in the Tournament.
#3 The Stanford Women (31-5) and Notre Dame (34-3) battled it out, but after giving it their all all season long, the Cardinal could not withstand and lost to the Fighting Irish 84-68.
#4 The Oakland A’s started the 2019 season with two loses in Tokyo to the Seattle Mariners. Since that trip, it looks like the A’s have shaken off the jet lag and have been on track winning taking three of four from the Angels since coming back to Oakland and a win over the Boston Red Sox on Monday night to open another four-game series.
#5 The San Jose Sharks’ troubles continue after they dropped their eighth loss in nine games to the Western Conference first place Calgary Flames on Sunday. The win secures the Flames for first place and what was worse was that it was done on the Sharks’ home ice.
Barbara Mason does That’s Amaury’s News and Commentary each Tuesday at http://www.sportsradioservice.com
photo from al.com: Alabama defensive lineman LaBryan Ray (89) exits the field after the Iron Bowl Nov. 24, 2018
NCAAFB podcast with Daniel Dullum:
1) Poll and playoff update, coaching rumors Helton stays with USC Trojans contrary to the firing rumors, Texas Tech fires Kingsbury, Illinois Lovie Smith was extended for next season.
2) No. 1 – Alabama steamrolls Auburn to complete undefeated regular season
3) No. 9 – Central Florida remains unbeaten, loses quarterback McKenzie Milton to possible knee injury
4) No. 2 – Clemson is 12-0 after lopsided win over South Carolina State; Florida State’s bowl streak ends at 36 after loss to No. 11 Florida
5) Arizona State comes back for wild win over U of Arizona in Tucson, Sun Devils improve to 7-5; Minnesota reclaims Axe Trophy in win over Wisconsin 37-15; Stanford win over UCLA
Daniel Dullum is filling in for Michelle Richardson for the NCAAFB podcasts this week at http://www.sportsradioservice.com