By Charlie O. Mallonee
SACRAMENTO — The Kings lost the second game of a back-to-back set to the Los Angeles Lakers 101-86 on Saturday night. The loss dropped the Kings record to 7-6 for the season. The Lakers improved to 6-6 for the year. The 15-point loss was the largest margin of defeat at home for Sacramento this season.
Charlie O has the wrap up of the game:
Kings head coach Dave Joerger was still proud of his team in the loss:
Team leader De’Aaron Fox was very subdued when talking with reporters after the game:
Frank Mason III quietly tried to explain his team’s performance in the game:
Marvin Bagley III had a calm and mature reaction to the loss:
Charlie O has the Lakers’ stats, which were not all that impressive:
Charlie O also has the Kings’ numbers and final thoughts:
- The Lakers had a season-high 59 rebounds in the contest
- LakeShow also had a season-high 17 offensive rebounds, which led to 17-second-chance points
- The Kings are now 4-2 in back-to-back games
- Willie Cauley-Stein posted his fifth double-double of the season with 12 points and 12 rebounds
- After the game, the Kings announced that Harry Giles III has been assigned to the Stockton Kings of the G-League and will play with Stockton on Sunday. That really is not a surprise. The Kings have used their G-League team to get rookies playing time in the past when they have not been able to get significant minutes with the big club. This most certainly is a temporary assignment.