by Charlie O. Mallonee
The Sacramento Kings have lost eight consecutive games – head coach Dave Joerger has an interesting reaction and response
This was the final game of the year between the Nuggets and Kings. The season series ends 2-2. Each team won a game on its homecourt and lost a game on the road.
Where the teams stand after the game
- Denver’s record improves to 31-35
- The Nuggets have won two games in a row
- Denver remains in eighth place in the Western Conference two games ahead of ninth place Portland and five games behind seventh place Memphis
- Sacramento’s season record drops to 25-41
- The Kings have dropped into 13th place in the Western Conference one game behind 12th place New Orleans and six games behind Denver in the final playoff slot
- The Kings are three games ahead of 14th place Phoenix
- Sacramento has 16 games remaining in the regular season
Miss seeing the game? Highlights are here
- Former Michigan State star Gary Harris scored a game-high 24 points shooting 10-for-15 from the field
- Center Nikoia Jokic recorded a double-double putting up 20 points and grabbing 14 rebounds
- Forward Danilo Gallinari added 15 points
- Rookie Buddy Hield was the Kings leading scorer with 17 points. He shot 6-for-8 from the floor including three 3-point buckets. Hield also had three assists
- Tyreke Evans made an impact coming off the bench adding 15 points
- Willie Cauley-Stein added 13 points, five rebounds and five assists for Sacramento. Head coach Dave Joerger wants to see Cauley-Stein have more assist opportunities
Weird stat of the night
The Nuggets committed nine turnovers in the game but the Kings were able to score just four points off those turnovers. Compare that to the Kings who committed 13 turnovers that resulted in 22 points for Denver.
Up next on the schedule
The Kings will be back on their homecourt on Monday night when they host the Orlando Magic. The Magic are also a budding “Draft Lottery” team.
The Nuggets will also be back in action on Monday when they host the Los Angeles Lakers in the Mile High City.